United Way of Allen County Code of Conduct
I understand that by accepting these terms, I am agreeing to adhere to the guidelines and code of conduct provided by United Way:
• Agree to having a background check done.
• Make a one school year commitment to mentoring from September to May.
• Attend training sessions as required.
• Be on time for scheduled meetings; notify United Way if I am unable to keep my mentoring commitment.
• Engage in the relationship with an open mind.
• Accept advice and assistance from United Way.
• Keep discussions with my mentee confidential.
• Ask United Way when I need assistance, do not understand something, or am having difficulty with my mentoring relationship.
• Notify United Way of any changes in my employment, contact information, or any event that would prevent completion of mentor duties.
• Notify United Way of any significant change in my mentee.
• Refrain from contacting or seeing my mentee outside of the established parameters where the program takes place.